Makita offers a portable cutting solution with the 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Brushless 6-1/2" Compact Dual-Bevel Compound Miter Saw with Laser (tool only).
The efficient BL™ Brushless Motor is engineered for up to 50% longer run time, increased power and speed, and longer tool life with no brushes to replace. The XSL05Z combines performance and portability: it weighs only 14.6 lbs. with battery (sold separately), and is equipped with Automatic Speed Change™ technology which adjusts cutting speed and torque for optimum performance under load.
This compact cordless miter saw is engineered for cutting a variety of materials including wood and aluminum extrusion (aluminum blade and cutting lubricant sold separately). It is ideal for room-to-room applications including baseboard and ceiling trim.
It has a cutting capacity of Cutting capacity of 1-13/16" x 3-5/8" at 90° and 1-13/16" x 2-9/16" at 45°. It miters 0-52° left and right; bevels 0-46° left and right, with miter detents at: 0°, 15°, 22.5°, 30° and 45° left and right. Added features include a built-in L.E.D. light, and a see-through blade guard system for greater visibility of blade and line of cut. It has a direct-drive gear system so there’s no belt to slip or replace.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Weighs only 14.6 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for easy portability
- Automatic Speed Change™ technology adjusts cutting speed and torque during cut for optimum performance
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Battery delivers the power and performance of a corded miter saw without leaving the 18V LXT® platform (battery not included)
- LXT® technology delivers up to 270 cuts per charge in 1/2" x 3-1/2" baseboard using one 6.0Ah battery (battery not included)
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Efficient BL™ Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- High power provides efficient cutting in a variety of different materials including wood and aluminum extrusion (aluminum blade and cutting lubricant sold separately)
- Cutting capacity of 1-13/16" x 3-5/8" at 90° and 1-13/16" x 2-9/16" at 45°
- Mini sub-fence provides wide support when performing vertical cuts or left bevel cuts
- Miters 0-52° left and right; bevels 0-46° left and right
- Miter detents at: 0°, 15°, 22.5°, 30° and 45° left and right
- Aluminum base improves stability of material for efficient cutting
- Electric brake for maximum productivity
- Built-in laser clearly indicates line-of-cut whether or not blade is turning; on-off switch and micro-adjustments for precise cutting "left-of-blade" or "right-of-blade"
- Built-in L.E.D. light illuminates the work area
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- See-through blade guard system for greater visibility of blade and line of cut
- 3-stage L.E.D. gauge on the tool indicates battery charge levels
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- Blade Diameter : 6-1/2"
- Arbor : 5/8"
- Max. Cutting Capacity (miter 90°) : 1-13/16" x 3-5/8"
- Max. Cutting Capacity (miter 45°, L/R) : 1-13/16" x 2-9/16"
- No Load Speed : 5,000 RPM
- Battery : 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- Dimensions (LxWxH) : 13-3/8" x 15-3/4" x 17-1/4"
- Net Weight (with battery) : 14.6 lbs.
- Form Factor (LXT) : Compact
- Motor Type : Brushless