The 18V LXT® Brushless Cordless 14 Ga. Straight Shear (XSJ03Z, tool only) cuts up to 14 ga. mild steel, 16 ga. stainless steel and easily cuts through spiral duct seams.
These new shears are designed for HVAC, drywall, MEP, metal fabrication, metal manufacturing, roofing, and other trade segments.
It is equipped with a Makita-built brushless motor allowing for a high degree of power efficiency with an exceptionally high 3,000 SPM speed. The cutting head is constructed with precision-machined milled steel for durability and a high-performance double cut blade minimizes material distortion. The shear head rotates 360-degrees with an easy push-button for various cutting positions. The trigger can be locked in the on position for continuous use and lock-off position requires two actions to start. This metal shear features an ergonomic D-handle grip with an in-line motor for increased maneuverability. Other features include a built-in L.E.D. light and belt clip.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V LXT System, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V lithium-ion slide-style batteries. Makita® 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Cuts up to 14 ga. mild steel, 16 ga. stainless steel and easily cuts through spiral duct seams
- High performance double cut blade design minimizes material distortion with minimal burrs
- BL™ Brushless motor is designed to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life; delivers variable 0-3,000 SPM
- Ergonomic D-handle grip with in-line motor design is optimized to provide increased maneuverability and comfort
- Tool-free shear head rotates 360° for increased comfort in various cutting positions
- Cutting head constructed with precisely machined milled steel that provides both increased durability and a superior cutting performance
- Replaceable steel blades with a maximum cut capacity of up to 14 ga. material thickness
- Cast aluminum gear housing for less weight and increased durability
- Overload protection is designed to protect the motor from burnout in abnormally high torque situations
- Built-in L.E.D. light helps illuminate the work area for increased visibility
- Trigger lock-on capability for continuous use; lock-off power switch requires two actions to start the power
- Belt clip secures the tool when not in use
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- Compact and lightweight design at 13-5/8" long; weighing only 5.5 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue (battery not included)
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging, over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time, so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- Battery : 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- Capacity (mild steel, ga.) : 14 ga.
- Capacity (stainless, ga.) : 16 ga.
- Capacity (aluminum, ga.) : 12 ga.
- Strokes Per Minute (variable speed) : 0 - 3,000 SPM
- 360° Rotating Head : Yes
- Minimum Cutting Radius : 7"
- Lock-On Switch : Yes
- Overall Length : 13-5/8"
- Net Weight : 5.5 lbs.
- Power Type : Cordless
- Type (Shears & Nibblers) : Shear
- Form Factor (LXT) : 18V LXT®
- Motor Type : Brushless