There is growing demand for cordless alternatives to gas-powered outdoor power equipment. Makita is meeting demand with an expanding line of cordless OPE, including the 18V LXT® Brushless 10” Top Handle Chain Saw (model XCU06Z).
With zero emissions, lower noise, and considerably less maintenance, the XCU06Z is a welcome solution for cutting and trimming applications, and the compact top-handle design makes it ideal for the professional tree care industry.
Powered by one 18V LXT® battery (sold separately) for maximum power, speed and run-time, the XCU06Z uses the strongly-preferred 18V battery platform. And with the efficient Makita outer rotor brushless motor with direct drive system, users get high power efficiency that is equivalent to a gas chain saw.
The XCU06Z has a variable speed trigger and high chain speed (0-4,720 FPM) for increased cutting speed, with torque boost mode for cutting dense material. It has zero emissions and reduced maintenance: there's no engine oil to change, no spark plug to replace, and no air filter or muffler to clean. And there's no need to drain the fuel for storage. Simply load the 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion battery (sold separately), and the saw is ready to use. Convenience features include adjustable automatic chain lubrication, built-on lock-off lever to help prevent the chain from accidentally engaging, an electric brake for maximum productivity, and more.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Compact top handle design ideal for pruning, trimming and limbing
- Makita-built Outer Rotor BL™ Brushless Motor direct-drive system provides power equivalent to a 22cc gas chain saw
- Up to 175 cuts in 2x2 cedar with 18V LXT® 5.0Ah battery (battery not included)
- Torque boost mode for cutting dense material
- Captured bar nut and lateral chain tensioning for convenient operation and maintenance
- Adjustable automatic chain lubrication with large oil reservoir
- Large oil filling port with view window allows operator to easily add and check bar oil level
- Built-in L.E.D. on/off switch with auto power-off function; automatically shuts the saw off after 60 seconds for extended battery life
- Low noise level and zero emissions for operator comfort
- Rubberized soft grip top handle is engineered for the user to more easily apply even cutting pressure
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Features Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) which is engineered to provide increased dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions
- Batteries and charger not included
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- Guide Bar Length : 10"
- Pitch : 3/8" LP
- Gauge : .043"
- Chain Speed : 4,720 FPM
- Net Weight (without battery) : 5.2 lbs.
- Net Weight (with battery) : 6.6 lbs.
- Battery : 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- Power Type : Cordless
- Handle Type (Chainsaws) : Top handle
- Form Factor (LXT) : 18V LXT®
- Motor Type : Brushless